Whirl-winded

This song really speaks to me right now. I've been listening to it over and over again.


Justing Timberlake
"Losing My Way"

Here are the lyrics that really make me listen-

It is breaking me down
Watching the world spin round
While my dreams fall down
Is anybody out there?

It is breaking me down
No more friends around...
And my dreams fall down...
Is anybody out there?

Can anybody out there hear me?
'Cause I can't seem to hear myself
Can anybody out there see me?
'Cause I can't seem to see myself...
There's gotta be a heaven somewhere
Can you save me from this hell?
Can anybody out there feel me?
'Cause I can't seem to feel myself

Losing my way
Keep losing my way...
Keep losing my way...
Can you help me find my way?
Oh my God please forgive me (Father hear my prayer)
'Cause I know I've done some wrong in this life
If I could do it all again
Have just one more chance
To take all those wrongs and make them right

No, I am not going through anything major nor I am I lost or deppressed (or addicted to coke- just so we're clear). I don't know why this song pulls on my heart strings everytime I hear it. Maybe it is because there is only 6 weeks of school left with so much to do but the weather makes me want to curl up in the sun or drive a long distance to a new place. Maybe it is because in 6 short weeks Mia and Chelsea will be graduating into a new life or that in six short weeks I will be a senior in college and feeling the pressure to choose a future. Maybe it is because I have come the very scary realization that I might not want to be a teacher or that I might want to spend the rest of my days traveling and not being "anything" but a wanderer. While at the same time imagining spending the bulk of my life in Prescott being an advocate for those that aren't visible now in this backwards town- could I actually be dreaming of being a Prescottonian?!?! I feel lost and sort of alone. What am I doing with my life? I feel like the world is spinning faster and faster everyday and that I am somehow not achieving my dreams. I am winded from the spinning in my brain.

I'm losing my way.

Popular Posts