College

Things I’ve learned so far in college:
· Remove the stick of gum from your pants pocket before you wash and dry (the same goes for your favorite ink pen, homework assignment, and cell phone… yeah, the last one hurts the most)
· When everyone around you is complaining endlessly, just go on your merry way
· I have a passion for helping others, being happy, and kindergarten classrooms
· I have NO clue what I want to be when I “grow up”
· There is no such thing as growing up, rather everyone continuously expands
· Sharing dishes, a kitchen, laundry area, and living room with 8 other college kids can be the most difficult thing to deal with until one of them brings out the water balloons
· Saying, “Hi, my name is Emma” can be the most daunting and rewarding thing on this planet
· There are people you will meet and think, “I know that in twenty years we will still be laughing at the trouble we got into”
· Beer before liquor never been sicker, liquor before beer you’re in the clear
· A hot shower with an ice cold beer is amazing and can cure the worst of hangovers
· Kendall’s makes the best veggie burger
· The Dinner Bell doesn’t serve dinner, but is great for 12pm hangover Sundays and has the best spaces for sharing drunk night stories
· College sponsored drag shows are amazing
· There is only so much Vodka you can drink in one night
· Living with men equals loud farting, sports channels, stolen snacks (but that happens with everyone) random drinking, minimal showering/laundry, lots of laughs, conversations about anything to do with anatomy or sex, odd internet and youtube searches, and dumpster diving
· Where and how to get free (and good!) food
· There are vegetarians and vegetarian options everywhere
· How to make a wonderful Spanish/bean dish- Seriously, contact me and I’ll send you the recipe
· How to wrap and unwrap a canoe
· The J-stroke
· That “mastery” is a never ending process of “practice makes perfect”
· How to make a PBR statue
· To let go of inhibitions
· To breathe
· To de-stress
· To enjoy “downward dog”
· To GO TO CLASS!!
· To smile even when I don’t think I can
· To express myself through movement and dance- even in public!
· To love my CUNT
· “Naked” juice, Amy’s pizza, and Annie’s Mac & cheese are food and beverages enjoyed in the heavens
· When you live with men, if you buy six bagels you should only expect to eat four (the same goes for 1/3 of the pot of pasta you made)
· Prescott is pronounced PRESS-kit (It should rhyme with biscuit!)
· Being on “my own” means that I rely on all kinds of people… it is for anyone
· Small schools are better if you expect and appreciate your professors for knowing and remembering your name
· “Double-spaced” saves lives
· Education is a journey not a destination
· Generally, when you ask you shall receive
· I can accomplish the “impossible” because as it turns out, NOTHING is impossible

Popular Posts