Transformation

I'm making some transformations in my life: both in how I perceive it and then inevitably in how I live it. The first step in transforming is having a clear vision of the future.

Things I imagine in my future:
Travel the world
Pursue "ridiculous" dreams:
- Peace Corps
- Law School
- Master's Degree outside of Law
- Notre Dame
Dance everyday
Sing out my lungs
Eat real food (avoid the white, dead, cheap, and chemically created "food")
Drink water every hour
Make beautiful art
Do what makes me feel alive
Spend time with those who bring me joy
Take time for myself
Spend as much time outdoors as possible
Stretch my mind and body
Read
Let love take over whenever I feel it
Embrace the power of vulnerability


The way I imagine myself internally:
I want thighs that curve, freckle, and move with the sway of my dancing hips. I want thighs soft and round enough to grab in moments of passion, but firm and strong enough to carry me to the tops of mountains and around town riding a bike between them.
I want to feel sexy enough to show up at a lover's house unexpectedly- wearing nothing but heels, a trench coat, and a smile. When he opens the door with a "Oh, I didn't know you were coming over," I want to drop the coat pushing him inside the house and make passionate love in every room. Leaving the next morning I'll wear his clothes as a proud flag of confidence.
I want to feel pride in my accomplishments and have the nerve to follow my wildest dreams:
traveling to foreign lands to discover the meaning of life as I define it
obtain higher levels of education to start an alphabet that follows my signature
ask out a cute stranger just 'cause I can
pursue great and meaningful work with or without a good salary
wear funky and fun clothing even if just to the grocery store
write a novel to share my brilliance
be free on a daily basis

In the honor of transforming I am also doing some research on others' views on living a full and happy life. --Please feel free to share your own thoughts-- and have discovered the Dali Lama's 18 rules for living:

Here isthe Dali Lama’s 18 rules for living, I am working to live by this list.

1.Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
2.When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
3.Follow the three Rs:
A.Respect for self
B.Respect for others
C.Responsibility for all your actions.
4.Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
5.Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6.Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7.When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
8.Spend some time alone every day.
9.Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
10.Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11.Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12.A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13.In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
14.Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
15.Be gentle with the earth.
16.Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
17.Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
18.Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Beautiful!!

Popular Posts